During my early twenties as a professional dancer, I still struggled with finding meaning in life. I had danced as my way of coping and expressing myself ever since I was 10, yet it had left me unfulfilled. While undergoing medical treatment for stress and malnutrition, I learned about Dance/Movement Therapy. Following some research, I was quickly enrolled in graduate school.
To help me learn and practice the skills I was learning, I used myself as my first client because I've always been a person that practices what they teach.
In 2013, I graduated from Antioch University New England with a Master of Arts in Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling. After graduating, I was fortunate to secure a position at an outpatient facility where I spent almost 9 years as a therapist. Of those 9 years, two and a half were also spent as a Clinical Supervisor.
Through my career, I found fulfillment in my personal lives as well. My life took a step closer to fulfillment when I started my online mental health practice, E-MOTIVE Counseling LLC PLLC, in early 2022.
Now, I can help people across the Carolinas find purpose in their lives.
When I'm not working, I enjoy playing video games with my husband, dancing in the kitchen with my son, and spending time outdoors when it's pleasant.
I would describe my personality as gracious, awkward, humorous, and accepting. I'm passionate about improving myself and always eager to learn.
- Master of Arts in Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling from Antioch University New England (July 2013)
- Board Certified-Dance/Movement Therapist (BC-DMT-1532), Dance/Movement Therapy Certification Board (DMTCB), American Dance Therapy Association (ADTA), May 2020
- Licensed Professional Counseling (8196), SC Department of Labor, Licensing Regulation (SC LLR) Board of Examiners for Licensure of Professional Counselors, February 2022
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Supervisor (S10817), NC Board of Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors (NCBLCMHC), July 2022
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-i) training of 20+ hours
I provide effective and individualized mental health care based on my experience. My practice offers convenience and comfort via video and phone sessions.
My mission is to empower people towards harnessing their feelings (emotive) into meaningful action (motive) in order to live more fulfilling life.
I value kindness, consideration, integrity, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Copyright © 2023 Rayni Collins - All Rights Reserved.
E-MOTIVE Counseling LLC PLLC